It is no mystery as to how the Lord wants Christians to treat one another. Here are 30 ways the Bible defines how we are to live in communion with others, striving for spiritual maturity:
1. Christians are to love one another. John 13:34, A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
2. Christians are to prefer one another. Romans 12:10, Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honor preferring one another.
3. Christians are to have the same mind. Romans 12:16, Be of the same mind one toward another.
4. Christians are not to judge one another. Romans 14:13, “Let us not therefore judge one another anymore: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall in his brother’s way.”
5. Christians are to receive one another. Romans 15:7, Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.
6. Christians are to admonish one another. Romans 15:14, And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to ADMONISH ONE ANOTHER.
7. Christians are to salute one another. Romans 16:16, Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.
8. Christians are to be courteous. 1 Corinthians 11:33, Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.
9. Christians are not to promote divisions in the body of Christ. 1 Corinthians 12:25, That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
10. Christians are to serve one another. Galatians 5:13, For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
11. Christians are not to be consumed with one another. Galatians 5:15, But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
12. Christians are to bear each others’ burdens. Galatians 6:2, Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
13. Christians are not to provoke one another. Galatians 5:26, Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
14. Christians are to forbear one another. Ephesians 4:2, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love.
15. Christians are to forgive one another. Ephesians 4:32, And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.
16. Christians are to submit to one another. Ephesians 5:21, Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
17. Christians are to admonish one another. Colossians 3:16, Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
18. Christians are to comfort one another. 1 Thessalonians 4:18, Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
19. Christians are to edify one another. 1 Thessalonians 5:11, Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
20. Christians are to exhort one another daily. Hebrews 3:13, But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
21. Christians are to be considerate of one another. Hebrews 10:24, And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
22. Christians are not to speak evil. James 4:11, Speak no evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
23. Christians are not to complain about each other. James 5:9, Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.
24. Christians are to openly confess their faults. James 5:16, Confess your faults one to another.
25. Christians are to pray one for another. James 5:16, Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
26. Christians are to show hospitality. 1 Peter 4:9, Use hospitality one to another without grudging.
27. Christians are to use their spiritual gift. 1 Peter 4:10, As every man hath received the gift, EVEN SO MINISTER the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
28. Christians are to show humility. 1 Peter 5:5, Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be SUBMIT ONE TO ANOTHER, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
29. Christians are to show affection. 1 Peter 5:14, Greet ye one another with a kiss of charity. Peace be with you all that are in Christ Jesus. Amen.
30. Christians are to walk in the light. 1 John 1:7, But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.